Identifying Problems with Your Commercial Dryer – Pt. 2
In our last post, we identified the most common issue that occurs in commercial dryers (no heat) and walked you through the various causes of this issue. Here are two additional problems you may encounter and what to look for when they occur.
Nothing Turning On
If you turn the dryer on and lights won’t come on the drum won’t turn, it can be the result of a few different problems:
- The Circuit Breaker – With 220V machines, you need to make sure you have all legs of your power working properly.
- The Neutral Leads – This issue may be the result of a bad power cord, especially in 120V machines.
- The Control Fuses – Make sure all of the control fuses are in working order.
- The Transformer – Make sure the incoming and outgoing voltage matches the schematic voltage listed on the transformer.
Drum Won’t Turn
If the lights in the dryer come on, but the drum won’t turn, this could indicate a few different issues, including:
- The Door Switch – If the door switch is not adjusted properly or is broken, it can stop the drum from turning.
- The Belt or Chain – Check to ensure that the belt or chain that turns the drum is working properly.
- The Conduit – When the moto rotates in its cradle it can pull out the conduit and wires. Secure the motor and repair any frayed wires until you can get repairs.
- The Start Circuit – If the dryer only functions when you are holding the start button there is an issue with the start circuit. This will require a motor replacement.
- Main Start Contactor – Make sure the main start contactor located in the rear control panel is working properly.
For high-quality commercial laundry equipment in Florida and ongoing customer support, visit CommercialLaundriesFlorida.com.